Wednesday 25 November 2009

Custom designed toys

My dear and very good friend Tricia is a professional illustrator who lives in Nevada USA. Well a little while ago she contacted me.

Her son, Sean had been worrying so much that he couldn't sleep; so together they designed aliens. Their aliens were just so very cute. They named them the Seansters, of course. If you visit her blog, you can stay up to date with shopping coupons, see all the aliens and get free clip art, colouring pages and organiser pages.

She asked if I could possibly make a toy that looked like the drawings. So I got out my knitting needles and made Green Sean.

I had problems getting eyes big enough as he turned out a little larger than I had planned (I really shouldn't start knitting something from the feet upwards)
Well What do you think? I'm quite pleased with him myself. He will be flying off to Nevada tomorrow. That's a very short trip - for an alien

2 comments:

  1. The alien is wonderful, it looks exactly like the illustration. I'm sure Sean will be ecstatic when he sees it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so adorable! I agree - it is just like the illustration! I know he will be so happy with it!

    ReplyDelete