Wednesday 10 February 2010

Hurrah for giraffes

My friend Catrin found this adorable site which has a Norwegian guy trying to collect one million giraffes. yes that's right, He's asking people to send in giraffes that they have made

"My friend, Jørgen, doesn't believe I can collect one million giraffes by 2011. I'm gonna prove him wrong, but I need your help. You can create your giraffe(s) in any way you like, but not on a computer and no store bought objects. You must create your giraffe(s) yourself! So far I've got 566 899 giraffes, so I need 433 101 more and I have 324 days left.Let's show Jørgen how amazing the Internet is."
How could I let an opportunity like this go? I love to draw so I'm starting with a drawn giraffe.

This little guy has great sky and clouds markings but his scarf has the correct markings - I thought that would be fun.
It's been a long time since I have coloured something in not using the computer. I'd forgotten how long felt tip pens take to use. (aching arm) But I think he turned out OK

1 comment:

  1. so sweet! I love it! And great, that the giraffe idea is spreading...
    greetings
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete