Tuesday 20 January 2009

Knitting Challenge: Week 3: DPNs mastered!



OK so I told you last week that I was having a go at the long procrastinated DPNs. Wicked needles that are pointed at both ends and are used four at a time to produce a tube shape thereby making hats without seams.



Well, i did it! It took an awfully long time as I found all those needles very cumbersome. I'm rather proud of the resulting hat.






Here I show my hat on one of my daughter's dolls; her head is a bit smaller than a real baby so it is a good fit even though it might not look it.











I also made a few of these this week. I gave one as a present to my local
Chinese Takeaway as a new years gift and so I have been making more of them for all her relatives.


I can't complain, she's giving me £3.50 each for them.


I even made an extra one for my dear friend Tricia. She's an artist friend of mine from Nevada, USA. She's awfully clever. she has her own blog full of printables and sweet piccys at http://triciarennea.blogspot.com/

But she's not getting it for free. Oh no! She has to work for him.


I've told her when I sent him off. Monday, 19th at 11am my time.


She then has to tell me when he gets there and in what condition, so I can work out whether I need to upgrade my packaging or postal rate on my artfire site


Next week I'm hoping to make a doggy cushion/pillow. We'll see how that turns out! or not as the case may be!

Happy knitting

1 comment:

  1. you are very talented with the knitting needle, I got many of my sisters early works (or experiments) when she first started. :)

    ReplyDelete